ENAIRE to chair the A6 Alliance in 2022
- ENAIRE’s Director General, Ángel Luis Arias, took over the rotating presidency of the A6 Alliance at the last meeting of the CEOs Steering Board.
- The A6 Alliance is formed by the leading European air navigation service providers, which are responsible for the safe management of more than 80% of air traffic in Europe and the 70% of R&D investments in the future European ATM infrastructure: Germany (DFS), France (DSNA), Italy (ENAV), Spain (ENAIRE), United Kingdom (NATS), Poland (PANSA), Switzerland (Skyguide) and the group of providers that comprise the COOPANS alliance, consisting of Austria (Austro Control), Croatia (Croatia Control), Denmark (Naviair), Ireland (Irish Aviation Authority), Portugal (NAV Portugal) and Sweden (LFV).
Starting 1 January 2022, ENAIRE, the Spanish Air Navigation Service Provider, will lead the A6 Alliance CEOs Steering Board, taking over the chairmanship from PANSA, the Polish Air Navigation Service Agency.
– Leading the A6 Group for two years was a great honour for me. But congratulations are due for all of us, that despite the difficulties and crisis caused by the pandemic we have managed to achieve so much together – said Janusz Janiszewski, PANSA CEO.
– I am glad that within the A6 Alliance we develop cooperation in the Single European Sky and partnership for innovative solutions, a new digital sky. I have great satisfaction that together we support initiatives that have a positive impact on the environment. I believe that this year, under the leadership of ENAIRE, we will continue and develop these activities – he adds.
– I would like to thank Janusz, who has chaired the A6 Alliance for the last two years, for his and his team’s involvement. At this crucial and important time for the whole aviation community, the A6 Alliance’s CEOs consider it essential to foster and promote collaboration among its members, as well as with other European and international institutions (European Commission, EUROCONTROL/NM, EASA…), associations and stakeholders (airlines, airports, …) – said Ángel Luis Arias ENAIRE Director General.
To this end, the A6 Alliance, as a key and essential group in the ATM sector at European level, will lead and undertake concrete actions and proposals. Among the priorities and objectives approved for 2022 are the following: continue to lead the SESAR research, development and deployment activities through a coordinated participation of its members in the SESAR3 Joint Undertaking and in the new SDIP (SESAR Deployment & Infrastructure Partnership) consortium as the successor of the current SESAR Deployment Manager; contribute to the SES (Single European Sky) ongoing legislative reform, in close collaboration and in line with the work undertaken by CANSO; actively participate and lead in key digitalisation projects; enhance future technological collaborations and address, from a joint perspective key strategic and operation-related aspects of A6 concern, for the future of the industry.
These initiatives seek to strengthen the joint collaboration and commitment of the A6 Alliance in order to maximize the synergies among its members to deliver customer and network-oriented benefits and to provide leadership at a European level in critical technical and strategic areas.
– The aviation community has ahead a year with many challenges to face. I am fully confident that A6 Alliance, as a key actor in ATM, will continue playing an important role, aiming at succeeding towards a safe, secure, efficient and sustainable Digital Single European Sky – concluded Ángel Luis Arias.
About A6 Alliance
The A6 Alliance includes the largest air navigation services providers in Europe, responsible for the safe management of more than 80% of Europe’s air traffic. The group was established in June 2011 to coordinate the research and development and investment of the providers within the SESAR programme (Single European Sky ATM Research). Our focus is on the key strategic areas of common interest to our members, influencing the transport and aviation regulations to support our industry’s development. Our members represent more than 70% of the investment in the future European ATM infrastructure, working together to identify and deploy the latest technology to deliver benefits to our airlines customers, passengers and the environment.
For more information regarding A6 please visit a6alliance.net and follow us on Twitter & LinkedIn.